Schedule a Screening:
Please contact our Community Outreach Coordinator to schedule a screening near you. We hope the film will be used in communities as a catalyst to talk about addiction.
How to Host a Screening:
Discussion Guide *download here*
The discussion guide is designed for high school and university students, parents, teachers, healthcare professionals, and legislators and policy makers. It is designed to work in conjunction with the film Dying in Vein to provide additional information about substance use disorders, discussion questions, and action items for communities.
- May 2nd: 6:30 P.M., Columbia School of Social Work
- March 29th: Primary Childrens Medical Center, Grand Rounds Auditorium, 2 pm
- April 5, Stratford Library, Stratford, CT 2203 Main St 6:30 pm
- April 6, George Washington University, 950 New Hampshire Ave NW, 6:30 pm
- May 15, East High School, 840 South 300 East, SLC, Utah, 7pm
- May 23, Park City High School, 1750 Kearns Blvd, Park City, 12:30pm
- May 25, Park City Library "The Brain Storm Film Festival", 1255 Park Ave, 6:30pm
- July 13, Harbor Theatre, Route 27, Boothday Harbor, Maine 4pm
- September 6 & 8, DOCUTAH International Film Festival, St George, Utah, http://docutah.com/2017-schedule/
- September 14 at 7:00 P.M., Hudson Library & Historical Society, 96 Library St, Hudson Ohio
- September 25 at 6:00 P.M., Buffalo Niagara Film Festival http://thebnff.com/film/dying-in-vein/
- September 26 at 7:00 P.M., SLC Library/Utah Film Center, SLC, Utah http://www.utahfilmcenter.org/event/dying-in-vein/
- October 1 at 2:00 P.M., SLC Library/Utah Film Center, *Encore Screening*, SLC, Utah
- October 3 at 6:00 P.M., Utah Public Radio "A State of Addiction: Utah's Opioid Epidemic" Community Event, Moab, Utah, Historic Star Hall http://upr.org/community-calendar
- October 4 at 6:00 P.M., Utah Public Radio "A State of Addiction: Utah's Opioid Epidemic" Community Event, Price, Utah, Jennifer Leavitt Student Center, Multi-Purpose Room http://upr.org/community-calendar
- October 5 at 6:00 P.M., Utah Pulbic Radio "A State of Addiction: Utah's Opioid Epidemic" Community Event, Vernal, Utah, Uinta County Library http://upr.org/community-calendar
- October 6 & 7, Logan Block Film Festival, Logan, Utah http://www.loganfilmfest.com
- October 18, Utah Film Center, Ogden, Utah http://www.utahfilmcenter.org/event/dying-vein-ogden/
- October 23rd, at 1:00 P.M., Reel Recovery Film Festival, LA, California http://reelrecoveryfilmfestival.org/los-angeles/
- October 24th, Utah Foster Care, Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 26th from 5:30 - 7:30 P.M., University of Utah's Spencer S. Eccles, Health Sciences Library, Garden Level
- November 10th from 12:15 - 2:15 P.M., University of North Carolina, Joan Heckler Gillings Auditorium (Rosenau Hall Rm 133)
- November 13th from 5:00 - 7:00 P.M., A.T. Still University, 5850 E Still Circle, Mesa AZ 85206, RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dying-in-vein-the-opiate-generation-registration-39241463273
- December 1st from 5:00-8:00 P.M., World AIDS Day Screening "The Intersection of Addiction and HIV/AIDS", Westminster Colllege, 1840 S 1300 E Bldg. Malouf 201, Salt Lake City UT 84105.
- January 9th, 6:30-8:30 P.M., Rowland Hall St Marks, Salt Lake City, Utah
- January 24th, 9:00 A.M., 2018 Winter Innovations Summit, https://sorensonimpact.com/winter-innovation-summit-2018/
- January 31st, 1:00-3:00 P.M & 7:00-9:00, Ramapo College of New Jersey, Afternoon Screening for College and High School Students & Evening Screening for Community Partners
- February 6th, 7:00-9:00 P.M., Hosted by Pratt Institute at the No Name Cafe.
- February 22nd, 6:00-8:00 P.M., Hosted by Youth Advocacy Coalition (YAC), at the Alpine Playhouse 1210 Roosevelt Ave, McCall ID 83638, https://www.facebook.com/events/123160485074853/
- February 26th, 5:30 - 7:30 P.M., Hosted by the Youth Advocacy Coalition (YAC), at the Alzar School 1600 Airport Way, Cascade, Idaho 83611,https://www.facebook.com/events/763971093803815/
- March 8th, 7:30 P.M., Hosted by Whitinsville Christian School in the Nehemiah Center for Arts and Worship, 279 Linwood Avenue, Whitinsville, MA.
- April 12th, 1:30 - 3:30 P.M., 2018 Rocky Mountain Athletic Trainers' Association Annual Clinical Symposium in SLC, UT.